Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gray Area


On a recent gray, rainy day shortly after finishing my "Black, White, and Gray" tunic sweater I decided that I would never wear it. So, in an impulsive moment, I threw it into the washing machine on hot and then into the dryer in the hopes that it would shrink into a better-fitting size. Surprisingly, it came out of the dryer exactly the same size but not the same color. It had turned gray (The black hand-dyed yarn had bled into the cream-colored yarn turning it a medium gray).




I knew I would never wear this ill-fitting gray sweater and for a couple of days I felt deflated and a little depressed about it. However, I happened to see my good friend Nancy and offered the sweater to her. She tried it on and it fit her perfectly! She loved it and couldn't say enough nice things about it. So, I gifted the sweater to her. It's really good to know that it has gone to a good home.


All's well that ends well.


No comments: