Friday, April 17, 2009

Projects: Past, Present, and Future

Past: Perlemor in Red and White

Here she is! I thoroughly enjoyed knitting this sweet little sweater and in the process came to appreciate the genius of the design team at Dale of Norway. Or, maybe it's just the genius of the Norwegians - especially when it comes to knitting. At any rate, the pattern was extremely well-written and all the pieces came together into a satisfying whole.




One of the design features I liked a lot was the knit1, purl1 rows that separated the neckline from the body. It makes a nice flexible collar area. I also liked the fact that most of the neck stitches were kept live and knit after picking up stitches at the front edges of the collar.



Finally, the "private side" of this little sweater is nearly as neat and tidy as the "public side." I like that a lot. It's much more satisfying than having lots of ends and ugly pick-ups and decrease stitches, etc. to hide on the inside.



Design: Perlemor, Baby Knits from Dale of Norway,
"Soft Treasures for Little Ones"
Yarn: Dalegarn Baby Ull in cherry red (4227) and cream (0020)
March 22 - April 13, 2009

Present: Marion Foale's Neat Knit cardigan - THE SLEEVES

Why, oh why do sleeves seem to be so interminable to knit? Why do I resent knitting them so much? Why are they less pleasurable to knit than the body? These are the questions that plague me as I work my way stitch by stitch up the sleeves. Perhaps I should do as the French do and make the sleeves first. Somehow my excitement about a new project never allows me to do this.



And, speaking of a new project ...

Future: Veronika Avery's Military Cardigan

I've chosen the yarn (Khroma WW in plum) and I've been swatching. I haven't gotten gauge yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to knit this up on US7's. Sevens! Hoorah!




My assistant agrees that this will be a nice change from US1's and zeros!

No comments: