Saturday, January 10, 2009

Introducing "Heidi"

A belated Christmas gift arrived recently ... a body form with my exact dimensions. It's an extravagance about which I feel somewhat guilty given these difficult economic times. I mean does anyone really need a body form? However, she was a gift and you know what "they" say about not looking a gift horse in the mouth ...


So, I'm going to enjoy the fact that I can now measure my knitted creations as I make them without having to take off clothing during these cold winter months and contort my body as I attempt to see if I'm getting it right in the mirror. Now I can see if the waist will fit by fitting the garment on "Heidi" instead of myself. Although I have to say, it's very humbling to see one's widening figure reflected in an inanimate object.

Today Heidi is modeling the almost completed Vine Panel Cardigan. Here you can see a close-up of the lace design and collar. In the previous photo you can see that I modified the waist ribbing to elongate it (I have a long torso) and changed the sleeves from bell-shaped to fitted around the cuffs.
I still have to add the buttons and pockets and hope to get to that today.

No comments: